I stole this idea from another blog, cfhusband.blogspot.com. The idea is to write 7 things that people may or may not know about you. I thought it was a clever idea so we decided to give it a try. Vanessa's List
1. I don't like coffee or beer. I know, I know, how can I call myself American, but I just can't seem to get past the bitterness factor.
2. Last night I had my first bout of sleep talking. Evidently, I woke Kyle up by kicking him. He doesn't think I was trying to kick him, just generally kicking. At first he thought I was trying to wake him because I was startled by something, but when he asked, I said, "It's not my life that's changing, it's yours." And then I went back to sleep. Kyle has had many bouts before but never me. One of my favorite sleeptalking moments with Kyle was shortly after 9/11. We were laying on the couch, and Kyle was falling alseep, so I asked him for a kiss, instead he said to me, "But what about all of the immigrants coming into the US." Confused, I said, "Kyle, all I want is a kiss." His response was, "I know I know, but how do they keep track." I gave up since Kyle was already too far gone.
3. I am a girly-girl. I really love dressing up, wearing dangling earrings, and generally looking pretty. If there is ever an opportunity to wear a skirt, I will take it. When I was younger I was a bit of a tomboy, but in time I grew out of that.
4. I have fought owning a pair of chacos for a very long time. Kyle has long been a chaco owner, but I refused because I found them uncomfortable. But, it's official, I am capable of change, and I am now an owner of chacos. They are pretty and pink and I am pretty excited to show them off.
5. I am not obsessive compulsive, but I do have some obsessive qualities. When I was looking for jobs overseas the first time, I spent three days, 6-10 hours a day looking up jobs on the internet. I went a little stir-crazy afterwards, but I found our volunteer position in Chile through my obssesive looking. Now that I am in Seattle, I check my blog obsessively to see if readers have made any comments. Sadly, my readers aren't comment leavers, but just so you know, comments make our day :)
6. My feet are the equivalant temperature to ice. I don't don't think that could be litteraly true and I still be alive, but when it is the least bit cold outside, my feet are like blocks of ice. Once, I was trying to warm my feet on Kyle's legs, and he could feel the icy coldness through his jeans. He wasn't happy about it.
7. Some of you know that I have word finding issues. Lately, as a way to compensate, I have been making word lists. While reading, I write down words that might help to jog my writing skills. The words are sometimes words that I am not familiar with, but most of the time, I know the definition, I write it down in hopes that someday I will put the word to work. Here is an example of my word lists;
animadvert, sordid, pliancy, flout, irreverent, wistful, bereaved, erroneous, flail, juxtaposing, noxious, nethergarments, wellspring, looming, blithely, jaunty, tenuousness, flippant, countermove, spires...
1. I’m way into Fantasy stuff. Like to a point at me and laugh level. I can’t help it! I just really dig swords and knives and dragons and wizards and all that uber nerdy geek stuff. I’m not ashamed!
2. I fall asleep at the drop of a pin
3. I developed a taste for beer in Czhech and now every beer I taste pales in comparison. Actually, I have found many beers since that I like, but nothing will beat the first beer I ever liked there. Budvar by the way.
4. My favorite dessert at the moment is Rootbeer floats. MMMMMMM good!
5. I now want to create a new tabletop game. For those of you who know what tabletop games are, you’re a nerd! For those of you who don’t, be glad you don’t. You get a +2 on the cool scale for never having played one.
6. I LOOOVE to fish. It’s meditative.
7. I am very in touch with my Scottish roots. I have even reconnected with my clan via the internet. Told you I was a nerd ;)
I want to end with one of the funniest videos from SNL I have seen in a long time!