Soft Molasses Cookies (link to recipe)
- 1Cream together shortening and brown sugar.
- 2Stir in egg and molasses and mix well.
- 3Fold in dry ingredients and stir.
- 4Cover and chill till firm (1-2 hours).
- 5Preheat oven to 350°.
- 6Roll dough into small balls and roll in white sugar.
- 7Place on lightly greased cookie sheet.
- 8Bake at 350° for 9-10 minutes.
- 9Leave on sheet one minute until set.
- 10I changed the amount of salt in here. My original recipe calls for 1 tsp of salt but that may be too much for some. A few people have made it as is (the majority) with no complaints on salt, however a few commented it was too much. I think 1/2 tsp can be used with no alterations to the recipe. I will leave it up to you either way you still WIN !
Read more: http://www.food.com/recipe/soft-molasses-cookies-63981#ixzz1j88WnJ88